To advance quality, safety, and standardisation, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) has embraced several ISO (International Organisation for Standardisation) standards across a variety of industries. The following major ISO standards are frequently applied in the UAE:
It is vital to remember that each industry and organisation may have a different approach to adopting and implementing ISO standards in the UAE. Certain ISO standards may also be mandated for particular industries or projects by the UAE government and pertinent agencies.
Employing recognised certifying bodies and abiding by the relevant standards and laws that apply to their operations are requirements for organisations in the UAE seeking ISO certification.
- One of the ISO standards that is most extensively used worldwide is ISO 9001, which stands for "Quality Management." In order to guarantee constant product or service quality and customer satisfaction, it aids organisations in establishing and maintaining efficient quality management systems.
- Environmental management systems are the focus of ISO 14001, the international standard for environmental management. It helps businesses address environmental effects and implement sustainable practises.
- A foundation for occupational health and safety management systems is provided by ISO 45001, or "Occupational Health and Safety." It aids businesses in safeguarding the wellbeing and security of their stakeholders and workforce.
- Business continuity management systems are the topic of ISO 22301, "Business Continuity Management." It ensures business continuity by assisting organisations in anticipating disturbances and responding to them.
- Energy management systems are outlined in ISO 50001, which offers a framework for them. It supports businesses in increasing energy effectiveness while lowering energy-related expenses and environmental impact.
- Laboratory accreditation is governed by ISO 17025, which specifies the standards that testing and calibration facilities must meet. For businesses and laboratories engaged in providing quality assurance and calibration services, it is crucial.
- Risk management is covered by ISO 31000, which offers principles and recommendations. It helps businesses successfully identify, evaluate, and manage risks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our team of experts will help you in in the process
Our team of experts is here to assist you in any situation you may encounter. With their extensive knowledge and experience, they are equipped to provide you with the support you need.